Frequently Asked Questions
What does the price include?
The catered price includes accommodation in your luxury Catered Chalet with three staff members, yummy breakfast with a cooked option, Afternoon tea (homemade cakes and biscuits) and a three course evening meal. The price also includes a chauffeur service in resort in both the mornings and evenings.
The price does not include flights, transfers, ski pass, ski hire or ski school, however we will arrange any of these services for you free of charge.
How far is it to the slopes?
It is only 8 minutes in our minibus or in the free municipal shuttle service bus that leaves from outside our chalet every half an hour.
How big is the ski area?
The whole skiable domain of Paradiski is the 2nd largest in the world with 70% high altitude skiing being over 2000m (over 3000m in some areas) This making the area one of the most snow sure areas of the Alps. The area is split into the La Plagne side and the Les Arc side. We are located on the Les Arcs side with easy access to the Vanoise express cable car connecting the two areas.
Vanoise Express cable car facts
Vanoise express Cable car is a truly unique technical exploit. It is the biggest cable car in the world : 2 cabins of 2 levels with a capacity of 200 people.
The cable car crosses the valley without an intermediate pylon at 380m off the ground at the highest point. The speed being 45km / hour is a world record. The crossing can be made in 3 minutes 50 seconds! The cable car was built at the cost of €15,000,000 in 2003/4
We use three different ski schools, ESF (Frances largest ski school) New Generation a British ski school with a fantastic reputation and a local independent called Manon who is also an off-piste guide ( Manon is also our neighbour)
Ski and board hire
We use two different companies. Rental Republic a British owned online service that delivers and fits boots, ski and boards at the Chalet and a local French owned shop next to the lifts in Peisey that also offer the luxury of ski lockers to leave your kit over night and go to the Apres ski bars in your comfy boots.
There are 3 different weekly passes you can buy depending on the amount of skiing and distance you wish to cover.
- A local Peisey pass which is ideal for beginners and is also part of ESF learn to ski package.
- Les Arcs ski pass covering 7 villages in total 200km of pistes and lots of off piste access for the more adventurous.
- Paradiski pass is quite frankly a massive package covering a vast area of both Les Arcs domain and La Plagne a total of 425 km of piste with access to Les Arcs/Peisey-Vallandry and la Plagne.
You can enjoy magnificent panoramic views throughout the region, the Aiguille Rouge descent to Villaroger, the Peisey-Vallandry forests, Grande Rochette, the Arpette summit and the Bellecôte glacier in la Plagne.
“The Paradiski pass is the absolute skiing experience for winter sports enthusiasts”.
By far the most popular is Geneva however Lyon, Grenoble and the nearest airport Chambery all have Uk and Irish flight companies servicing them. Easy jet has the most amounts of flight options with daily flights from many Uk airports.
Transfers in 9 seat minibuses can be arranged from all the major airports and the local train station in Bourg St Maurice. Transfers can be booked as private taking the whole minibus or just by the seat. In recent times groups have also decided to rent their own car or minibus and this can often be very affordable with larger groups.
Bars, Restaurants, shops
There are many bars and restaurants in the area both on and off the mountain. Next door to the Chalet is the L`Ancolie restaurant a very famous restaurant owned by the Poisson family. The son David Poisson Skis for the French ski team and the restaurant is voted one of the best in the Alps. For lively Apres bars try the Mount Blanc (our Chauffer service in the evening picks up from here) WESKI bar, Mojo`s or Gregs bar are all worth a visit. There are simple too many mountain restaurants to mention and we will certainly point you in the right direction of our favourite lunch stops. There is wide variety of ski and souvenir shops plus shops selling local savoire produce. Bourg St Maurice is very close and worth a visit. It is a true old Alpine town with a great atmosphere.
Other non ski activities
There are lots of other snow and non ski activities in the area. I will list a few below
- Parapenting: the french word for paragliding. This can be done in tandem with a professional and you will experience stunning views and sightings of perhaps Eagles and bearded vulture. The landing area is right outside our Chalet.
- , Ski Joering Originally from Scandinavia is a thrilling return to an age-old tradition. A truly unique horse-drawn skiing experience. Paradiski is the only ski area in Europe to have special ski joëring courses (12 km of trails)
- Discovering Paradiski’s natural areas by dog sled is a wonderful experience magnified by the beauty of the landscape. A stunning outing.
- Snow shoes: you can hire snow shoes and have a guided walk through the forests with a professional.
- BOB sleigh:. Paradiski area has an Olympic bob sleigh track and rides are available with a professional driver and a specially adapted sleigh. An incredible high adrenaline ride.
- Spa and well being. We have two spa`s with all the modern facilities, swimming pool, steam, sauna treatments and massage.
- Trekking and walking.. Plenty of options and routes. We can advise you on these.
- There are also many sledge tracks and snow board parks to use all free of charge.
If you wanted to visit some of the surrounding towns Bourg st Maurice is only 20 minutes drive away and La Rossiera is 35 minutes where you can cross the border into the Italian Alps.